Effective Date: April 13, 2017
1. Effective Date: Changes
This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us on or after the Effective Date. Takl will periodically review and make changes to this Policy as Takl updates and expands the Platform. When we make any changes we will update the Effective Date above. We will treat your continued use of the Takl Platform following such changes as your acceptance of the changes. If our practices change regarding previously collected personal information in a way that would be materially less restrictive than stated in the version of this Policy in effect at the time we collected the information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice and obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law, but will not be liable for any failure to do so. We also encourage you to periodically review this Policy.
2. Information Collected on the Takl Platform
In order to operate the Takl Platform and to provide you with information about services that may be of interest to you, we may collect "personal information" (i.e. information that could be used to identify, contact, or locate you directly (without using the Takl Platform) such as full name, username, postal address, phone number, email address, photographs, and age/birth date). By using the Takl Platform, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the Takl Platform.
When you visit or use the Takl Platform, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: We collect precise location data through the Takl app when it is used by Providers and the Providers' devices permit such information to be collected by us. We may collect this information when Providers use certain functionality, such as features to help navigating to a location to provide the Services, and we may also collect the precise location of a Provider's device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may derive a Provider's approximate location from the Provider's IP address. We use geo-location for the purposes of providing and improving the services on the Takl Platform, such as matching Customers to Providers, providing status updates to users when Providers are traveling to the site to perform their Services, and helping confirm that a Provider performed Services. We also may use and disclose geo-location we collect through the Takl Platform for other business purposes, including for legal purposes (such as to enforce our agreements) and in the event of a proposed or actual merger, sale, or other business asset transfer. We retain in an identifiable manner the most recent geo-location information we have about a user, the geo-location of any sites where a Provider performed Services, and the geo-location information concerning any return trips to a site where a Provider performed Services. You may stop this information collection by uninstalling the Takl Platform from your mobile device.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of the Takl Platform, including information about the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, communications between users of the Takl Platform, ratings and reviews, and other related transaction details.
- Background Checks: To register as a Provider, you may need to provide other personal information, such as your address and social security number to our background check service provider. The information is collected so that we can assess whether to permit a user to use the Takl Platform as a Provider. We may use report information we receive from background check service providers for the purposes of assessing whether to permit an individual to use the Takl Platform as a Provider and to comply with applicable law.
- Customer Support: We may collect personal information through your communications with our customer-support team.
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information that is generated automatically about how you and visitors interact with the Takl Platform, preferences expressed, and settings chosen. When we associate such information with personal information, we will treat the combination as personal information.
- Communications Between Users: We use Twilio to mask your telephone number when you call or text (SMS) message another User using the telephone number provided by Takl through the App. If you use this function, Takl and Twilio receive in real time and store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the call or text (SMS) messages. You can find information about Twilio's privacy practice at: https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Takl Platform, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with the Takl Platform.
When you use the Takl Platform, we and our third-party partners, such as ad networks and analytics providers, use tracking technologies to collect information about how the Takl Platform is used and about the devices used to access the Takl Platform. Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time and on other websites or apps. When our third-party partners provide such features, they are governed by the privacy policies of the organizations providing them. You may be able to change browser or app settings to block and delete these technologies when you access the Takl Platform. However, if you do that, the Takl Platform may not work properly.
3. Use of Information
We use your email address and your other personal information to help us efficiently operate and improve the Takl Platform, to contact you in connection with your transactions and other activities on the Takl Platform (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, account verification text messages, push notification alerts, or important news that could affect your relationship with Takl), for identification and authentication, fraud prevention, perform background checks, to contact you and others to investigate the potential unauthorized use of your information by a Provider, to communicate Service requests from you to other users, and to contact you and others to suggest potential Customers for your Services.
We may use information, including personal information, to provide advertising on the Takl Platform. We may also send you email and other messages with personalized offers and information about products and services and use information to show you online advertising on the Takl Platform and on other websites and online services. You may be able to opt out of receiving on this browser personalized advertisements from advertisers, or other advertising networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out sections on the websites of each of those organizations. Links to those sites are here:
Network Advertising Initiative:
- Browser Opt-Out: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance:
You may also be able to change your mobile device settings to opt out of personalized advertising through apps. For example, for iOS mobile devices, go to “Settings” from your device’s home screen; scroll down to “Privacy”; select “Advertising”; and turn on “Limit Ad Tracking.” Also, for location-based ads, you may go to “Settings” from your device’s home screen; select “Privacy”; select “Location Services”; select “System Services”; and de-select “Location-Based Apple Ads.” For Android mobile Devices, go to “Google Settings” on your Device; select “Ads”; and check the box labeled “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads.”
When you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the Takl Platform and/or our ads on other Internet websites.
We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Takl Platform and use it for any purpose.
4. Disclosure of Information to Others
To operate the Takl Platform, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the Takl Platform, we may share your personal information with vendors, agents, and third-party service providers, so they can provide us with support services such as email origination, receipt or support services, and user relationship management services. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information (as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83) about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may allow access to other data collected by the Takl Platform to enable the delivery of our online advertising on the Takl Platform and on other websites and online services, or to send you information we think may be useful or relevant to you.
The following are some examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers:
- Stripe, Inc.: We use Stripe to process any billing information between users and between users and us, including credit card information users submit. You can find information about Stripe's privacy practice at: https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- Checkr, Inc.: We use Checkr for purposes of performing background checks on Providers that register to perform Services for Customers on the Takl Platform. During the registration process, the information you provide to Checkr is transmitted using SSL encryption. You can find information about Checkr's privacy practice at: https://checkr.com/privacy-policy/.
- Twilio, Inc.: We use Twilio for registration of new users to make sure your contact information is accurate and that every new user account in our system is an actual person we can serve. We also use Twilio to mask your telephone number when you call or text (SMS) message another User using the telephone number provided by Takl through the App. You can find information about Twilio's privacy practice at: https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy.
Any third party with whom we are allowed to share your personal information is authorized to use your personal information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact you will need to be instructed directly by you regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them.
Other Users. When you agree to provide Services as a Provider, we will display certain information about you to the Customer who requested the work. This information may include your name, photograph, geo-location, and rating. When you submit a Service request as a Customer, we will display certain information about you to Providers, such as your name, address, photograph, rating, and photographs of the work site.
Social Networking and Other Websites. The Takl Platform may allow you to share information, including personal information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook. We do not share your personal information with them unless you direct the Takl Platform to share it. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy settings on their websites.
Legal and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety. We may also disclose information as part of a dispute among users.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of Takl assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
With Your Permission. We may also disclose your personal information with your permission.
5. How to Edit Your Information
Takl provides you with the ability to access and edit your personal information. To update your personal information, sign in to the app and access the settings menu. There you can view, update and correct your account information. So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information, such as your age, that you cannot alter yourself. Please contact us at email@example.com to find out how to change information you cannot access through your account.
6. Information Retention
To preserve the integrity of our databases, standard procedure calls for us to retain information submitted by members for an indefinite length of time. You agree that we may store the information we collect for this indefinite length of time.
7. Children's Information
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 as the Takl Platform is not directed at users under 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Takl Platform and provided personal identifiable information to us through the Takl Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the mailing address at the end of this Policy and we will work to delete that account on the Takl Platform and any personal information collected from them.
Takl provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and our partners and gives users the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future marketing communications or to no longer receive our service. If you receive an unsolicited marketing email from a Takl email address, please contact email@example.com.
9. Our Security Precautions
Your Takl Profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized Takl employees have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Takl staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer or mobile device, you should sign out of your Takl account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties. Takl has security measures in place intended to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
International. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province or other governmental jurisdiction in which you reside, and the country or jurisdiction in which these computer networks are located may not have privacy laws as protective as the laws in your country or jurisdiction. Takl takes steps to ensure that your information is secure on its system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Takl cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. TAKL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING, OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USAGE INFORMATION AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE SHOULD ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS OBTAIN THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO THE TAKL PLATFORM.
10. Third Party Websites and Online Services
The Takl Platform may contain links to other websites or online services. We are of course not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the Takl Platform to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Takl Platform. Note that we do not provide your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
11. Contacting Takl
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of Takl, or your dealings with Takl, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Takl, Inc., 307 Southgate Court, Brentwood, TN 37027.