Takl is a startup founded in 2016 in the Nashville, TN area, whose mission is to make it easy to hire people on demand to complete small jobs around the house at preset prices. So long to-do list, hello free time!
As one of the first mobile software engineers for Takl, you will make a huge impact on day one and play a critical part in pushing us forward by helping to iterate our Android app and take it to the next level.
We're looking for an Android aficionado who has the following characteristics:
- 2+ year building and publishing Android apps to the Google Play Store that are highly interactive and integrated with RESTful APIs.
- Proficient in Java and have a deep understanding of the Android framework.
- Experience with Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) or Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM).
- Experience with the following libraries: Retrofit, RxJava, Daggar
- Familiar with Google’s Material Design specification and other UI/UX best practices.
- Ability to work in a Git-based Continuous Integration (CI) environment (experience with gitflow practices is a plus).
- Good communication skills and works well with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Able to mentor junior Android developers and help them as they mature their development skills.
- Is passionate about and takes a stance on what’s best for Android, but with a healthy respect and interest for iOS as well.
- Kotlin experience is also a plus as we're looking to experiment with fine tuning performance and accelerating our Android development.
Bonus points given to applicants who can also work in Swift for iOS, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, or have familiarity with AWS services. Check out our stack here: http://stackshare.io/takl/takl.
This is a special opportunity to work on challenging technical needs in an entrepreneurial environment that's on the cutting edge of the on-demand economy. We're well funded, with plenty of runway, but we need your help to get up in the air. If the thought of helping to build an early stage tech company and taking it from 0 to unicorn piques your interest, then this is the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Let's Takl this.
Full time, on-site position with medical, dental, and vision benefits. Office located in Brentwood, TN.
Consultants or those seeking remote employment need not apply.